Friday 11 September 2015

An Educator's New Years Resolution!

Have you ever felt that wonderful, exciting, fresh, new feeling when the new school year starts in September? 

As an educator I often find that my yearly big rejuvenation moment happens at this time of the year when I begin my new journey as both an educator and student. I like to think that for educators, the first day of school in September feels more like the New Year than January 1st! 


Following a classic New Year's tradition, I have decided to make five New Year's resolutions for the upcoming school year. I encourage you to think of some resolutions for the new school year. Or this may be a great time (half way through the year) to revisit the New Year's resolutions that you made in January and check in on your progress! 


Monica's 2015/2016 Resolutions

  1. Participate in an aspect of #edchat every day. Blogging, twitter, OSSEMOOC, pinterest, or writing content for Sakai or student websites. 
  2. Carry a bottle of water wherever I go! I am more likely to drink the right amount of water daily if I do not have to go get it when I am thirsty. 
  3. Respond to all e-mails and calls within 24 hours. 
  4. Take as many teaching opportunities as possible! 
  5. Work on my thesis research every day. Make at least one positive contribution to the project. 


What are your resolutions for this coming year? Please feel free to share in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment